There’s no denying that Ace Hood has put in a lot of work to get to where he is now. Good to see him finally getting the respect he deserves in the music industry. There are a lot of rappers out there that stole his flow and didn’t even know it (or did they?). Here’s his most recent music video with Meek Mill for “Before the Rollie”.
For today’s special guest The Breakfast Club brought through Ace Hood to talk about his brand new album, DJ Khaled, his Rolex bezel falling off, and much more. Peep the entire interview below.
Just in case you’re falling behind on any new music this week. We’ve got some new tracks for you from today and yesterday. Migos who’s been bubbling in the music industry with a new one, Bone Thugz, Ace Hood with a couple tracks, Justin Timberlake and much more. We’ll start doing more of these every week just to keep our loyal supporters informed. Enjoy!
Migos ft. Rich The Kid: “Jumpin like Jordan”
Ace Hood ft. Chris Brown: “Rider”
Bone Thugs ft. Ty Dolla $ign: “Everything 100″
Ace Hood ft. Meek Mill: “Before the Rollie”
Justin Timberlake: “Take Back the Night”
Even though these men are always hard at work recording and touring, sometimes they have to bring out their inner Hooligan just like we do and let loose. Here’s a recap of Meek Mill and Ace Hood at Club Mansion in Miami this past weekend. They sure know how to do it right.
Ace Hood is killing it right now with all the hit singles and huge features. This time he picked up power hitter Lil’ Wayne for a new track called “We Outchea” and they sure are. Listen or download below.
This is probably one of my favorite songs from Ace Hood recently, he goes all the way in. So here’s the music video for “Have Mercy”. Throw this one on at the gym, guaranteed to lift double the original weight.
Alright so with all this talk about the “Hottest MCs” list, we thought it would be cool to put our own together. This list doesn’t have the same structure as the MTV list. For our list we wanted to place MCs who can actually spit and have some sort of buzz coming up in 2013. The list you saw on MTV was mainly based off artists who had the best buzz from the beginning of 2012 to the end of it, not too much weight on lyricism. We’re considering 20% buzz and 80% lyricism for ours and basing it off who to watch for in the year 2013. Oh and Jay-Z and Eminem are left off the list for a reason, you just don’t put guys like that on a list like this, they’re in a league of their own. The other MCs you see in the pic above were all considered and we put them in the “Honorable Mention” category.
-Who to watch for
10. Action Bronson: This guy had a very strong year, especially towards the end of 2012. It’s been said that he sounds like the white Ghostface with a more technical flow and we couldn’t agree more. He was also featured on A$AP Rocky’s track “1Train” and absolutely killed it. Watch for Action Bronson to have a huge impact in 2013 and pick up a lot more features.
9. Macklemore: Seattle’s very own Macklemore is having a huge year with his song “Thrift Shop” going 4 x platinum. The rest of the world might not know it yet, but all of the other songs he has stashed away from “The Heist” are all absolute fire also. “Gold” and “Can’t Hold Us” are already getting some rotations so we can only expect Macklemore’s buzz to keep growing. Watch for him to be much higher on this list next time around and we can almost guarantee he’ll be on MTV’s list also. His lyricism has always been there so discussing it isn’t even necessary. We’re very proud of the town’s artist and love what he’s done for Seattle.
8. J. Cole: Even though J.Cole doesn’t release music as often as we’d like, everything he does put out is a true work of art. You can tell he puts his all into the music which is why it might take longer than most of these mixtape rappers. He’s also got the Jay-Z cosign which has always been a plus in his career, Jay doesn’t just pick anyone up. Cole has always been good at telling his story and shying away from the cliche aspect of rapping about a lavish lifestyle. Don’t get it twisted he’ll stunt on a track every once in a while, but over all he’s the best at telling his story.
7. Joey Bada$$: This guy is very quickly starting to become a household name while still maintaining that underground image. With rappers like A$AP Rocky and French Montana coming out of New York with a “not-so-New-Yorkish” sound, Joey Bada$$ evens out the playing field and brings it back. Not to mention he’s also been named creative director at Ecko, huge moves all around. We’re excited for his album to drop which stays true to the roots of hip-hop and we’re sure will display true lyricism at its finest.
6. Big Sean: Whether you like him or not, Big Sean has been snappin’ on almost every track he gets on. Some may say that he’s too corny or has too soft of a voice, but all that doesn’t matter when he destroys every instrumental out there. Being on “Clique” with Jay-Z and Kanye West also should tell you something. Those two wouldn’t just let someone get on that song in their presence if they didn’t feel like that person was best for the job. Big Sean has his album “Hall of Fame” coming out this year also, that’s going to be a masterpiece.
5. Ace Hood: Ace Hood is finally getting the recognition he deserves for all the hard work he’s put in and currently has the hottest track in the club with “Bugatti”. Even though we’ve heard his type of flow from other rappers, Ace Hood is truly one of the originators of his type of flow. Everyone in the industry is after this guy and he’s currently got a deal with both DJ Khaleds We The Best and YMCMB, winning all around. Make sure to look out for his album “Trials and Tribulations” coming very soon.
4. A$AP Rocky: A$AP Rocky was disappointed about his MTV “Hottest MCs” list spot and so were we. We’re not going to place him at #1 like he wanted, but #4 is a much better spot. This guy is literally everywhere whether it’s on tour with Rihanna, the cover of Vogue, in music videos, features, fashion shows… you name it he’s there. Even though his lyrics might not go over anyone’s head, his cadence and the way he delivers is what makes him a hot MC. Just listen to his verse on “Problems”, what he says might not be technical, but the way it’s delivered definitely gives the track exactly what it needs.
3. Kendrick Lamar: Kendrick Lamar set 2012 on fire with his album, nobody is spittin like this guy in the industry. He’s got a unique cadence that nobody can replicate and destroys every feature he’s given. He’s also the best at telling his story while still delivering over-the-top metaphors that might go over a lot of heads but can all be understood if you pay attention. Kendrick is destined to have a huge year and will be hitting the road for a long time both in the United States and overseas.
2. Drake: Started from the bottom now he’s here. Drake came out of nowhere with that track and has already claimed song of the year with it, but wait… then he came out with “5 AM in Toronto” and really told the industry how he felt about everything happening around him. Drake’s the kind of guy that can have both a hit single and something to help motivate the average hustler. We’ll also be getting an album from Drake this year and everyone else might as well not do anything when that drops, he’s going to have the music industry on lock.
1. Kanye West: Now Kanye belongs up there with Jay-Z and Eminem on the “too good for the list” category, but he’s just been way too controversial recently not to mention. There’s Kim, the rants, the crazy costumes, going after Justin Timberlake and so much more that Kanye has to bring. Even with all this chaos he still makes some of the best music in the world. Yes in the world, nobody touches Kanye when it comes to both production and rapping. He’ll probably be involved in a lot of projects this year and if the rumors are true will be helping out with the new Jay-Z album. Very well deserving of the #1 spot.
Ace Hood has been on top of his game recently. After watching his album trailer we can’t help but pay attention to this guy. The struggle he’s overcome is incredible. Here’s his new track “Have Mercy”.
Wow. Normally we don’t post these album trailers since they’re usually full of showing off what you have, but Ace Hood really put together a great one here. Just as a warning, this one could possibly make you cry. He takes us through the struggles of his life and how he got to this point. Great to see a young artist overcome such great struggles and make it to the top.
The Breakfast Club is back once again and this time for their “special guest” Ace Hood slides through the studio for a full on interview. They talk about Bugattis, new music, and much more. Here you go…