Reports just surfaced that DMX was arrested recently in South Carolina for driving without a license. He was only locked up for about five hours before he paid a fine and was released, but this dude is forever in trouble with the law. Might be about time to switch up your life strategy sir.
So apparently DMX’s number 1 phobia has to be computers. He was asked to Google himself recently and had what looks like a minor panic attack. What a funny man…
DMX just announced his new album Undisputed, which is scheduled to drop in March of 2013. He visited the crew at The Breakfast Club to talk about the new album, the Ruff Ryder’s Reunion, the current state of hip-hop, and more. Of course this dude is one of the most interesting people out there, so just watch the video. He hasn’t changed a bit.
It’s good to see DMX back and focus on the music again. Here’s a new documentary he put out showing his hustle leading up to the release of his new album “Undisputed” which drops September 11th.
Ever since Machine Gun Kelly and DMX got together they’ve hit it off and shared a very similar chemistry. Both artists don’t give a damn about the industry and just want to make music for their fans. So here’s their anthem called “I don’t Dance” and they’ve finally released the video for it.
So if you’re a true hip-hop fan like a lot of us here at Rich Kids Brand, the cypher is something you must recognize and respect. According to the urban dictionary a cypher is:
The process of tapping into your subconscious. A state of mind where thoughts and actions flow from your mind rather than being instrumented. Clearly shown in freestyle/beatbox circles and breakdancing.
1. The Shady 2.0 Cypher. Maybe the entire list isn’t in any particular order but this cypher definitely deserves to be #1. Not too many people listen to Slaughterhouse because they don’t make music for the radio but Eminem has got himself a roster full of some of the most amazing lyricist out there. Oh and Marshall Mathers himself shows once again why he’s the king of wordplay.Now what we know about cyphers is taking it way back to the days before recording, finalizing, and publishing your music wasn’t so easy. Aspiring emcees would get in large circles and freestyle together to showcase lyrical skill and try to out-do the guy before them. Even Jay-Z credits the cypher as an important aspect of his lyrical development as a teenager in the book “Decoded”. Cyphers aren’t the same as they used to be because most of the ones we see today are either put on by some corporate television station or everything is pre-written. Even with the given adjustments, some people have been coming out and killing their verse when it’s time to go. So here’s a list of some of the best cyphers out there on YouTube. This is in no particular order and we’re sure there are many more great ones. So if you know of any go ahead and comment below! Here’s our list.
2. The G.O.O.D. Music cypher. This also happened during the BET Awards and went down as one of the best of the night. Kanye brought all his people to rock the mic and not one of them disappointed.
3. Canibus, Big Pun, DMX, Mos Def, Mic Geronimo, and John Forte. Now this battle is really special because Big Pun is not around any more and for those of you that never really listened to his music, this video will really show you how good he was with his words. All the other dudes hip-hop legends also, must have been a fun meal to all be at. “No Beatbox!”.
4. Charles Hamilton gets owned by fan. This freestyle session came out around the time Charles Hamilton was buzzing. He went up against some guy at Penn State University and had no idea that the dude can spit. Hamilton approached it really lazy and got served. Where’s Hamilton now?
5. Notorious B.I.G. at 17 years old. Here’ another clip that’s not so much a cypher but still a great throw-back video. People would perform outside of the corner stores in Brooklyn and this time it was the late great Notorious B.I.G. that had his turn. Killed it as expected.
6. J-Pro and Mos Def. The nice part about this video is that it’s part of a documentary about hip-hop and cyphers. J-Pro and Mos Def go at it way back in the day.
7. MC Supernatural on the spot object-naming freestyle. Some may not know who MC Supernatural is and that’s probably because he one of the best rappers out there that doesn’t rap for fame. Haven’t seen many just rap about anything for this long and with such smooth delivery. He tells people in the crowd just to hold up random objects as the topics for his freestyle. You should be impressed by the end of this one.
8. Team Backpack Cypher. Hopsin and Dizzy Wright are two artists that people really need to start looking into if you enjoy good lyricism. This one is recent too, both artist part of Tech N9ne’s “Strange Music” movement.
9. A$AP Worldwide Cypher. Now lyrically this might not be the best cypher but since A$AP Rocky is anything anyone can talk about these days, you might as well meet the rest of the A$AP Mob. Here’s what happened when they all got together for a cypher.
10. DMX and Jay-Z Backstage. This was an instant classic video right when it dropped. Back when Jay-Z and DMX were touring together they would mess around backstage sometimes and get into these cypher circles. In the beginning of the video there’s a little kid rapping and he’s pretty good too. Here’s some history for ya.
DMX has always been one of my favorite artists growing up so when I heard that he was coming back to New York to perform, I knew this was going to be a huge moment. He sold out SOB’s last night and even brought out Swizz Beatz. Good to see that X is doing well again and is hittin’ the music game hard.
Let the video do the talking.
This song was floating around online a couple weeks ago but we finally got the finished product. Must be nice for MGK to work with the person he looked up to most. Here’s ” I Don’t Care”.
According to TMZ, a woman named Patricia Trejo is saying that DMX hasn’t been paying child support. She said that she gave birth to the rapper’s daughter over ten years ago and the money he owes has added up to over one million dollars. She is taking the matter to court, and the ongoing legal battle could prevent DMX from performing in Europe. He will be asking the court for special permission to acquire a passport. Damn, my man X can never catch a break.