Looks like Chief Keef has one huge move coming up this Summer. Apparently he will be on Kanye’s new album and as we know, Kanye barely lets anybody work with him. Here’s an interview Keef did recently and confirms the feature. Some people are definitely going to hate about this.
It’s official, whatever you current favorite rapper is doing creatively doesn’t even come close to what Kanye just pulled off. He premiered his new music video “New Slaves” across 66 buildings in 66 different locations around the world. The vide below is from a building in Brooklyn. Can’t wait for the final audio, Kanye season is in session.
Alright so with all this talk about the “Hottest MCs” list, we thought it would be cool to put our own together. This list doesn’t have the same structure as the MTV list. For our list we wanted to place MCs who can actually spit and have some sort of buzz coming up in 2013. The list you saw on MTV was mainly based off artists who had the best buzz from the beginning of 2012 to the end of it, not too much weight on lyricism. We’re considering 20% buzz and 80% lyricism for ours and basing it off who to watch for in the year 2013. Oh and Jay-Z and Eminem are left off the list for a reason, you just don’t put guys like that on a list like this, they’re in a league of their own. The other MCs you see in the pic above were all considered and we put them in the “Honorable Mention” category.
-Who to watch for
10. Action Bronson: This guy had a very strong year, especially towards the end of 2012. It’s been said that he sounds like the white Ghostface with a more technical flow and we couldn’t agree more. He was also featured on A$AP Rocky’s track “1Train” and absolutely killed it. Watch for Action Bronson to have a huge impact in 2013 and pick up a lot more features.
9. Macklemore: Seattle’s very own Macklemore is having a huge year with his song “Thrift Shop” going 4 x platinum. The rest of the world might not know it yet, but all of the other songs he has stashed away from “The Heist” are all absolute fire also. “Gold” and “Can’t Hold Us” are already getting some rotations so we can only expect Macklemore’s buzz to keep growing. Watch for him to be much higher on this list next time around and we can almost guarantee he’ll be on MTV’s list also. His lyricism has always been there so discussing it isn’t even necessary. We’re very proud of the town’s artist and love what he’s done for Seattle.
8. J. Cole: Even though J.Cole doesn’t release music as often as we’d like, everything he does put out is a true work of art. You can tell he puts his all into the music which is why it might take longer than most of these mixtape rappers. He’s also got the Jay-Z cosign which has always been a plus in his career, Jay doesn’t just pick anyone up. Cole has always been good at telling his story and shying away from the cliche aspect of rapping about a lavish lifestyle. Don’t get it twisted he’ll stunt on a track every once in a while, but over all he’s the best at telling his story.
7. Joey Bada$$: This guy is very quickly starting to become a household name while still maintaining that underground image. With rappers like A$AP Rocky and French Montana coming out of New York with a “not-so-New-Yorkish” sound, Joey Bada$$ evens out the playing field and brings it back. Not to mention he’s also been named creative director at Ecko, huge moves all around. We’re excited for his album to drop which stays true to the roots of hip-hop and we’re sure will display true lyricism at its finest.
6. Big Sean: Whether you like him or not, Big Sean has been snappin’ on almost every track he gets on. Some may say that he’s too corny or has too soft of a voice, but all that doesn’t matter when he destroys every instrumental out there. Being on “Clique” with Jay-Z and Kanye West also should tell you something. Those two wouldn’t just let someone get on that song in their presence if they didn’t feel like that person was best for the job. Big Sean has his album “Hall of Fame” coming out this year also, that’s going to be a masterpiece.
5. Ace Hood: Ace Hood is finally getting the recognition he deserves for all the hard work he’s put in and currently has the hottest track in the club with “Bugatti”. Even though we’ve heard his type of flow from other rappers, Ace Hood is truly one of the originators of his type of flow. Everyone in the industry is after this guy and he’s currently got a deal with both DJ Khaleds We The Best and YMCMB, winning all around. Make sure to look out for his album “Trials and Tribulations” coming very soon.
4. A$AP Rocky: A$AP Rocky was disappointed about his MTV “Hottest MCs” list spot and so were we. We’re not going to place him at #1 like he wanted, but #4 is a much better spot. This guy is literally everywhere whether it’s on tour with Rihanna, the cover of Vogue, in music videos, features, fashion shows… you name it he’s there. Even though his lyrics might not go over anyone’s head, his cadence and the way he delivers is what makes him a hot MC. Just listen to his verse on “Problems”, what he says might not be technical, but the way it’s delivered definitely gives the track exactly what it needs.
3. Kendrick Lamar: Kendrick Lamar set 2012 on fire with his album, nobody is spittin like this guy in the industry. He’s got a unique cadence that nobody can replicate and destroys every feature he’s given. He’s also the best at telling his story while still delivering over-the-top metaphors that might go over a lot of heads but can all be understood if you pay attention. Kendrick is destined to have a huge year and will be hitting the road for a long time both in the United States and overseas.
2. Drake: Started from the bottom now he’s here. Drake came out of nowhere with that track and has already claimed song of the year with it, but wait… then he came out with “5 AM in Toronto” and really told the industry how he felt about everything happening around him. Drake’s the kind of guy that can have both a hit single and something to help motivate the average hustler. We’ll also be getting an album from Drake this year and everyone else might as well not do anything when that drops, he’s going to have the music industry on lock.
1. Kanye West: Now Kanye belongs up there with Jay-Z and Eminem on the “too good for the list” category, but he’s just been way too controversial recently not to mention. There’s Kim, the rants, the crazy costumes, going after Justin Timberlake and so much more that Kanye has to bring. Even with all this chaos he still makes some of the best music in the world. Yes in the world, nobody touches Kanye when it comes to both production and rapping. He’ll probably be involved in a lot of projects this year and if the rumors are true will be helping out with the new Jay-Z album. Very well deserving of the #1 spot.
R.I.P to the late Donda West, this video was uploaded to Youtube, over a year ago, but it was seemed to resurface over the blogosphere over the last week or so. Kanye and his mom are seen rapping a verse of his back in the day. Looks like it may even date back to the pre-college dropout days. Crazy to see this and where Kanye has gone from then til now.
Jay-Z and Kanye West put out a documentary of their experiences throughout the “Watch The Throne” production to celebrate the one year release of the album. Filmmaker Robert Lopuski, who directed Kanye’s “Power” video, also directed this documentary. Jay and ‘Ye look like they have good chemistry which is probably why this album was such a success. Check out the Video for more on the process.
Just learned from TMZ that Kanye West’s home in Los Angeles has been burglarized. Apparently someone from his camp was staying at the house and reported the incident. Even though this event is still under investigation, witnesses say that the thieves were seen dropping some of Kanye’s possessions on the way out. Mr. West is currently in England on tour.
While in Paris Kanye West was getting ready to perform a song and all of the sudden some douche bag started pointing lasers and messing up the show for everyone. So he had to stop the show and let the dude know what he was dealing with.
The date is official, Kanye West’s 2nd Air Yeezy shoe will be coming out June 9th. Get ready for a bunch of lines starting probably a week before they drop. People go crazy for kicks these days. Best bet is buying a bunch and flippin’ them on eBay. Really like these though, much better than the 1′s. For more pics and specs click HERE.
As planned before, for his next album Justin Bieber is getting Kanye West to help him with some of the production. This picture just surfaced of the two of them putting in work. I’m sure that track is about to be ridiculous.
The Watch the Throne tour will always go down in history as one of the greatest hip-hop tours ever, hell… one of the greatest music tours ever. Here’s the 9th installment of “Watch the Throne: Backstage” giving you an inside/behind-the-scenes look into the world of Hova and Ye.